Lemony Chickpeas with Chicken Thighs
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1-2 springs of fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 lb chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 15-oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale or swiss chard cut into ribbons
- Toss onion, lemon, and rosemary in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken thighs, skin down, and cook for 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a plate. Drain excess fat from the skilled. Add lemon, onion, and rosemary to skillet and cook until lemon caramelizes and browns. Add chickpeas and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add kale and return chicken to skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Recipe adapted from Alison Roman.